Tuesday, July 10, 2007



As John and I have been living on weather forecasts, here are what look to be the crucial day specifications...

Sunrise 04:51 (BST) -- 10:51 pm Iowa
Sunset 21:08 (BST) -- 3:08 pm Iowa

High of 64 F
Low of 58 F

Water Temp: 60 F

Winds of around 8 mph

Average wave height in the channel: around 1 meter

At 6:30 BST, John will enter the channel for the last time. I wish him all the best and success or not, I am incredibly proud of all he has sacrificed for this endevour. God speed brother.

2 comments:

bruce said...

Well done, Yank. Hope the French are being kind to you. Generally, I hear, they aren't too fond of English speaking blokes, especially if they are US. We are very proud of you, and I can't say that I doubted that you would make it, provided the weather would cooperate. Good show! Uncle Bruce

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.